Wednesday, June 3, 2009

jawa

I'm not a bike maniac. Nor do i profess to be a bike expert. But 2 yrs at bim, where i have driven so many different bikes, has made me bike savvy. And given my attraction to vintage stuff (music, records, artifacts and other stuff), vintage bikes drive me crazy !

So when i had the chance to tame THIS beast i took the challenge! Its a 1967 Jawa, Czech model. It still has all the original parts intact. There was a time ashley uncle rode it daily to work and back, and wherever he went the whole neighbourhood knew he was in the vicinity! It has made several long trips too. Kodai twice and even Chennai ! Now it rarely goes out but is rightly crowned the king of the 10 odd bikes in the frontyard of Sharon Villa.

Couple of years back basement had a go at the bike. And miserably failed ! So all I had to do was to better his record. A mere 6 inches ! And boy..... I did much better than that. Presenting..... the taming of the beast by devil

2 comments:

Venkataraman said...

Nice!!!!!

Personally, I prefer four strokes...not only do they pollute less, the sound of a Bullet thumping (at low speed) is much softer and sweeter to my ears.

berty ashley said...

yup.. truly said..

but we love noise!! and theres just this something about a big thunderous beast coming to life after pushing your calf muscles to the limit trying to start it...

hey nice to see someone else other than the usual gang of idiots! (fyi M.A.D mags)